Macbeth - GCSE scheme of work £125+VAT
Please note - if you would prefer to be invoiced for this product rather than pay online, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send an invoice to you!
This scheme of work includes:
- A detailed 30 lesson teaching sequence
- Links to new GCSE exam Assessment Objectives
- A unique partnership with Learning on Screen - giving you online classroom access to different filmed interpretations of key Macbeth scenes, with teacher notes for class discussion
- AO1 - Provocative statements (with for and against discussion points) for each lesson, encouraging pupils to explore and provide textual evidence for their own interpretations of Macbeth. Examples include
- The Macbeths have the perfect, supportive marriage.
- Macbeth is not guilty of murder due to his mental illness
- AO2 - Close textual analysis of key text extracts, including exploration of language and structure through a unique combination of SSF drama and rehearsal room techniques, reciprocal reading and writing activities
- AO3 - Pupil handouts with key social, cultural and historical teaching points and linked pupil research activities
- Exam style questions with worked model answers
- Rehearsal room drama activities throughout
- AO4 - Pupil handout for peer and self evaluation of grammar and punctuation use
Note - to access the Learning on Screen clips, you will need to activate a free trial of Learning on Screen's BoB, and your school will require an ERA licence.